Feed

Failing to print a document

No problem printing documents usually but today a document received online comes from the printer as a blank page! Tried several times with the same result. Am using a Canon TS5151 via WiFi from my iMac OS 10.13.4. Any suggestions?

Re: Failing to print a document

What format is the document; what application are you using to display then print it; does it have any blank pages at all?

It's a pdf, displayed in Preview with no blank pages until page 12, 14 and 27. I select the page in the side bar which is required for printing, this appears in the main window. I then bring up the print dialogue box, click pages 1 to 1, or the page number required. Click 'Print' and out slides a blank sheet!
Have tried to print different page numbers but blanks come out each time. Other pdf documents are printing normally. Strange.

Have you tried printing a short range of pages e.g. 1-3? If so, do you get any printing, three blank sheets or just one?

With the PDF open in Preview go to the file menu hold down the alt key and select save as and save as a slightly different name and try printing again

Thanks Mick and Doug. This morning I tried printing two short ranges, 1-3 and 3-5 but with the same result - blank pages! Then I 'Saved as' and applied a different name for the pdf to the desktop. When I opened the renamed document there was another interesting result - all pages were blank!!
The original pdf came from the AA about our home insurance as an email attachment. I dragged that to the desktop and the icon has a 'lock' image on it. When I double-click, the pdf opens with the words, "This document is password protected, please enter the password below". That means in a small window for the password, which the AA gave me and which opens the document.
I phoned the AA about the failure to print and the reply was, in effect, that is my problem! They offered to turn my preferences back to paper documents. I may do that if all else fails.

Problem solved! Thanks to Doug, via FaceTime, he suggested I open the document with Adobe Acrobat Reader and print from there. Hey Presto! It worked.
Many thanks Doug.

Feed