Feed

Google, Gmail & MacOS Mail & Safari problems

Despite my best (i.e. not very knowledgeable efforts) am in situation of not being able to use our MacMini for email (i.e. gmail) purposes, or to browse effectively with Safari. The problems started after advice to reset Google Account password, following what we thought might be unwelcome attempts on our security.

I have looked for answers online and via Apple Support. It seems there is a problem which is not only confined to older Macs (the MacMini is on Monterey 12.7.4) but has also been reported with devices on Sonoma. Apple support failed to provide answers, except to upgrade to 12.7.4, or to seek help from Google – or not very explicit, buy new Mac! Many with the problem report receiving 'Error 400' from Google.

Am writing this from MacBook Air, which thankfully still works. Ideas or comments please. John Elton-Wall

Re: Google, Gmail & MacOS Mail & Safari problems

Have you tried deleting the Gmail account from within Apple mail and then reinstalling it? (The account should be an IMAP account so all your mail will be on Google and will download again.)

Re: Google, Gmail & MacOS Mail & Safari problems

Very thanks Mick. Will go up and give it a try.

Feed