Feed

Moving photos from iPhone

I tried yesterday to move my Granddaughters photos from her iPhone to her Mac Laptop and couldn't due to them being on iCloud photos as well. How can they be moved from iCloud to the Mac without loosing them she has a load taken on holiday which she doesn't want to loose, and how can I get the off of her iPhone for her

Re: Moving photos from iPhone

There's obviously a reason her laptop isn't using iCloud photos too but if it's not an important reason, turning it on will sync them to the Mac. However, are you wanting to get them on the Mac then delete them from the phone?

She does have iCloud photos switched on on the laptop but all the latest photos on her iPhone don't appear on the laptop

Thats why I was trying to load them onto the laptop

Sounds as if her iCloud storage could be full.

I don't use iCloud Photos so don't know - can you see her photos if you use a browser to log in to iCloud.com? If you can, are the latest ones there? if so, there's something wrong with the laptop settings that's stopping them being delivered. If they're not there then it's the phone settings at fault for not sending them.

Thanks Mick, I am inclined to agree with you on that I am going to try and view her iCloud photos on my Mac to find out if all her holiday photos are on there if they are try and download them to a HD to make sure we don't loose them

The problem has resolved itself by restarting the laptop, all photos now on Laptop. No need to connect iPhone to transfer them.

Feed