Feed

Website Certificate.

I've had a report from one member who says "many months I get a certificate expired warning". I'm taking "many months" to mean a frequent occurrence. Whilst I have had this in the past, I really can't remember the last time but it was quite some time ago. So why is one person getting it and another - me - not?

Have you had warnings about the certificate on here having expired? Can you post a reply saying how frequently you get this - anything between never and all the time!

A second item - the same member has suddenly stopped receiving the weekly bulletin whereas other email comes through. (Yes, of course the Spam box has been checked!) Has it stopped arriving for you or is all normal? Please post your experience.

Re: Website Certificate.

I get that notice occasionally at least more than one a year it thrown up on my AugWessex email account.

Bulletins arriving ok.

No security warnings here, and bulletins arriving normally. Has the member concerned installed some over-zealous third party ‘security’ software perchance?

I'm the one member mentioned. Yes, I do have high-level security installed for very good historical reasons. I have not had any issues with any other frequently visited websites. The security warnings received several times a year for augwessex are a minor inconvenience. It remains to be seen if the loss of the bulletin on this one occasion was a system glitch or something else.

Not entirely sure which item is being referenced but the web site certificate is good until Thursday, 6 July 2023. I doubt its life is less than one year so recent reports would be a puzzle.

Bulletins arrive here regularly. I also read them: I have noticed that some newsletters I receive but just bin seem eventually to get marked as Junk so "disappear" (presumably because they come from a mailing list).

Its life is significantly less than one year: it has a 'not valid before' date of 7 April 2023.

It is a 'Let's Encrypt' certificate, and they have 90 day lifetimes:

Why ninety-day lifetimes for certificates?

Quite right, it even tells you that if you read further than I did.

The conversation moved off of the forum or we would have shared that. 90 days is commendable ComSec practice, which is partly why I was surprised ;-)

Feed