Feed

Safari słów

I am using Ventura 13.2.1 & Safari 16.3

Using Safari has become so slow. Any log in , change of page etc gets me the spinning beachball for 30 to 45 seconds. So for some financial sites means perhaps 4 fields taking 45 seconds each .

I cannot remember when this delay started occurring so cannot say which update of Ventura or Safari brought about the problem. But it's annoying.

Any ideas ?

Re: Safari słów

Sounds lika a cache issue. For further info you can go to Safari Help, and look for "Caches" with the magnifying glass. "View cache activity in Activity Monitor on Mac" might be a good start.

For more information google "Safari Caches". A good guide is Clean Safari caches

You want to think carefully about clearing 'all' cookies as any banking or similar activity requires these (they can be re-established).

P.S. Have you simply quit Safari and restarted your Mac with 'Safe Boot' [Safe Mode]? This may be the simplest way to fix things. Remember to restart 'normally'after Safe Boot. If new to this read these instructions.

Thank you Euan. This morning I followed all your suggestions and links, at times not being sure what was happening or whether I had clicked correctly at the next step.

Thus far hey presto it seems to have overcome the problem.

So again, thanks ......keeping my fingers crossed over the next few days of Safari use.

Feed