Feed

Change to web site?

Logging on to the WAUG web site now, does not immediately give the home page but a page with the links to the different local groups in list format, including Bournemouth, which I thought was no longer in existence. It takes some juggling to bring up the home page so that I can select Discussions. Why is this?

Re: Change to web site?

It works as normal for me using an iMac. On a phone it looks like you describe I guess this is to make it more usable on the smaller format.

Works sa it always has for me

No problems here.

PEBCAK maybe?

Check the address in your shortcut (if you're using one).
Any Safari extension interfering (including one that you didn't even know you had permitted to install itself)?

Presumably typing the URL by hand works as expected.

Following a suggestion from Mick I have tried using Chrome instead of Safari, and that allows the AUGW eb site to work as it should. So it could be a problem with Safari, though why it suddenly surfaced I cannot guess/

I thought that moving up from Monterey to Ventura might bring an unaffected version of Safari (I am writing this using Safari on my old iMac running El Capitan) Initially it was fine, but only for the first view. It has now reverted to the same way of presenting the Discussions page. And I am getting the same problem on my iPhone. It is fortunate that I kept the old iMac!

On your newer machine and phone you must have a setting which is affecting Safari (can't think what!) or do you have any anti-virus software or Mac Cleaning type programs?

Have you checked the address you're using as Tony suggested? I've come across a situation where using augwessex.org.uk does not work but adding the www i.e. www.augwessex.org.uk does.

I can't think it's anything to do with the web site itself or we'd be inundated with members all having your issue.

Just tried entering www/ etc - makes no difference. I have Avast Security on an external hard drive in case I need it but other than that, no cleaning stuff (which in any case would have been on the external drive).

Update: Just removed Avast and relaunched Safari - still no difference.

Feed