Feed

Synching my iPhone

As a devout Luddite I prefer to avoid the use of iCloud to store my data. Consequently I am now faced with what appears to be an ultimatum because I am now being asked to pay (PAY!!) for more storage as the current allowance has been taken up. Somehow my Contacts on the iPhone have been decimated, presumably as a result of this, and I cannot add to them. I have attempted to follow the Apple guidance on this subject but backing the iPhone up doesn't synchronise Contacts. While the prospect of paying almost 80p every month is hardly a strain on the budget, looking forward to when that 50GB is used up means that I will have been properly hooked into a system that I don't wish to use. How do I retain my reputation as a Scrooge as well as a Luddite by synchronising my iPhone without the use of iCloud, or have Apple constructed a fiendish trap?

Re: Synching my iPhone

Check what is using your iCloud storage - it's unlikely to be your contacts. My first guess would be if your Mac has "Desktop & Documents" set to be stored on iCloud and my second is Photos. I don't use either of these and I have only use 2GB of the 5GB available.

Feed