Feed

Group contacts

I would like to create a couple of groups in Contacts that would be synched between devices, Mac and iOS but struggling to create a group from the Contacts list. Keep being referred to click a + sign at bottom of left panel but it is not there.
I am sure it must be fairly straight forward but fairly going round in circles currently.
Any tips would be welcome.
Bob

Re: Group contacts

Assuming you're on a Mac rather than an iOS device, look under the file menu for 'New Group'

I was trying to set it up on my wife's iPad for her ladies walking group. I did not think to look at my MBP which is where a few of the group are already on.

I don't think you can set up groups on iOS (anyone know if that's correct?) but they will transfer from a Mac if both are signed in to the same Apple ID.

Yes, Mick that is what I discovered as you can buy an App which deals with that issue but as you say they will sync from Mac to iPad with same apple id.

It doesn't really count as doing it on iOS but you can create a new group on iCloud.com (ie in Safari).

I haven't tried it but the option is there; it should subsequently appear on your devices.

Thanks, Tony for suggesting another option. Bob

Feed