Feed

Deleting an App. on iPhone.

We recently had our Quartz shower updated, the plumber who installed it downloaded an App. onto my iPhone 11 Pro Max, unfortunately he entered my WiFi password incorrectly and misspelt my email address.

Is there a way of completely deleting this App? I cannot find a way to change my profile in the App itself and when I delete the App from my phone to reinstall it, the original setting are still embedded on it.

Re: Deleting an App. on iPhone.

I suspect that what is being remembered when you delete and re-install the app is an account that has been created on a server somewhere rather than any data stored on your phone.

One possibility is that it may have stored some data in your iCloud account, which would then persist even after deleting and reinstalling the app.

To check this from iOS, open the Settings app, select your iCloud account from the top ('<Your Name> Apple ID, iCloud, Media & Purchases'), then select 'iCloud', and then 'Manage Storage'. Scroll down the resulting list and see whether there is an entry for the offending app.

If so, you can select it and then choose to 'Delete Data...'.

Just to inform you Andrew, there was nothing in iCloud.

Thank you.

I think Trevor is probably right that the data is a profile (for you) on the supplier's server. Have you looked at their website? You might be able to log-in there and edit your details.

Otherwise, can you just abandon that profile (its data is not really a worry since it's wrong) and create, then use, a new one with the correct info?

Thank you Tony, I did that, I was trying to find a way to delete the original profile on the phone.

Feed