Feed

Music Icons

On my Mac and large iPad the music icon is red and on my mini (older) iPad the music icon is white. The Mac is running Big Sur, the large iPad IOS 15.0.2 and the mini IOS 12.5.5. They are all up to date.
Is there any way of making them all the same as I'm constantly looking for the wrong colour icon?

Re: Music Icons

There are suggestions online about using the Shortcuts app (eg here). If you create a shortcut that just opens the Music app, you can hide the real thing away somewhere.

Shortcuts then allows you to add a custom icon to your shortcut, which you could take from the Mac version of Music ('cos Mac icons look just like iOS icons now). Put the shortcut where you need it and you're there.

I gather that you'll need to download Shortcuts separately for iOS 12, it's built-in thereafter.

(edited note)Thanks Tony. After downloading Shortcuts onto the old IOS 12 I had a few glitches and I had to reload it from the App Store but it worked in the end and now I have a platform wide icon. I got carried away and made myself a tipping app where it adds 10% to the bill divides it between the number of friends and rounds up. I could demonstrate it at the next meeting.

Good news on your icon.

I'm sure we'd like to hear about your tipping shortcut but might you consider giving us a beginners' guide to Shortcuts the app? I, for one, have never used it.

Yes I might consider

Ok I've considered. It will be short and I'm no expert. Just slot me in.

Thanks Rick. I suspect you have more experience than most of us.

Feed