Feed

Using an iPhone as a car connected iPod - SOLVED

I want to use my old iPhone 6 as an iPod in the car but at present it will not connect to the car without me entering a code to give access. So every time I set off I have to open the centre console, fish out the phone on the end of it's lead and enter the code. As I don't want to leave a device in the car with any of my data available to others, I have restored it to factory settings.

To get to a point where I can download music onto it, the phone asks for my Home WiFi code. I know that it is not possible to access this code from the phone once entered and that anyone would have to sit in a car outside my house to "steal" my broadband but I would prefer just to connect to to the Mac and download songs without this step.

The phone advises that alternatively I can connect using iTunes but we don't have iTunes anymore and Finder does not trigger the phone into thinking that it has established contact with my Mac even though a cable is connected and it shows up in the Finder sidebar.

Does anyone have a solution otherwise I will continue with WiFi?

I hope that I can complete the task without entering my Apple ID as I don't want to have an "open" device with access to Apple.

Re: Using an iPhone as a car connected iPod - SOLVED

I was put off by it asking for iTunes but of course the Finder App substitutes. What I failed to do was click the device in the sidebar on the Mac in Finder whereupon a "trust" window appeared and then everything was plain sailing thereafter.

Decline password, it did not ask for Apple ID, declined all other settings. Now it is downloading 30 GBytes of music and audio plays and I will then test it in the car.

Feed