Feed

Contacts app

Until recently my wife did not use the contacts app in her account on our iMac, but recently we felt it would be a good idea if only easily to access the family emails. However we find that the Contacts app will not open. The dreaded beach ball twirls for ever but no contacts pages to complete. Any suggestions? Does it have to be initialised ?

Re: Contacts app

You say "in her account" so I assume you each have a separate one on the iMac. She has her own Apple ID? Is her account signed in to that and not to yours? The family emails are sent to her email address as well as yours? Is she able to open other apps without issue?

Yes she has her own account and email address which she can send and receive on her account. She does not yet have an Apple ID.

Having done nothing to the contacts app to chivvy it into life, the next time I tried to open it there it was as large as life and it happily imported the address cards I wished to share with my wife. So now she has a fully functioning contacts app. I have no idea why it sprang to life, unless it sensed that I had consulted my AUG Wessex colleagues and decided it was time to stop messing about.

Feed