Feed

Multiple birthdays on Calendar

How can I delete repeats of birthdays? -some I have three times over and some of which are for people deleted from my Contacts.

Re: Multiple birthdays on Calendar

Have you entered them manually into the Calendar app or do you have the Birthdays calendar ticked so they are picked up from the Contacts app? Maybe both?

Birthdays have always been picked up from Contacts, Mick. Unticking the Birthdays calendars simply removes the lot. No half measures!

if they're picked up from Contacts, it suggests you have duplicate (or triplicate!) contacts. Check that first for one of the offending birthdays. (If you have slightly different data on each card, there is a "merge cards" option.)

Unticking the birthdays calendar will only hide it - ticking it will bring it back.

Not only do I not have duplicate cards for the multiple birthday reminders, some of the reminders are for names deleted from Contacts.

If you untick the Birthdays calendar, do all copies disappear?

Are you using iCloud to sync contacts between devices? If so, do duplicate entries appear in the iCloud copy of your Calendar app?

In Contacts, do you have an All iCloud section and an On My Mac section? If so, does the same card appear in both?

If you can't solve it, happy to share your screen to see if I can see what's going on.

Feed