Feed

Alarming experience (or No Alarm Experience!

Yesterday the alarm on my iPhone didn’t go off. Did I sleep that soundly that I missed it? Ditto this morning but I was awake to see the banner come up but no noise. I checked the settings - the only one that should silence an alarm being if it is set to only vibrate, and all was as it should be. Eventually I found a suggestion to re-boot the phone. That worked! Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon? Like most folk I need to be able to rely on an alarm and after many years of using my iPhone my confidence is shaken. It is an iPhone XR.

Re: Alarming experience (or No Alarm Experience!

Not experienced that David but as Macs (and I assume iOS devices) do some "housework" when restarted, I make sure I shut down and restart my devices approx. once per month.

Re: Alarming experience (or No Alarm Experience!

I was very grateful for the ‘housekeeping’ because I had another problem recently solved by the switching off and on again routine. This was my Lightroom Classic running on my MacBook Pro not recognising HEIC files imported using Airdrop from my iPhone. It had done so on many previous occasions. I found all sorts of suggestions as to which settings to change on the iPhone but the solution turned out to be re-boot the Mac and all returned to normal (well at least it has returned to normal for at least the last few days of doing exactly that type of transfer).

Feed