Feed

left handed mouse

My wife is left handed so when she uses her account on our iMac she would like to have use of all the Mouses facilities left-handedly. On our previous iMac this was simple to achieve but our later model does not seem to have the facility to change the click from the left button to the right (and the right to the left). So when my wife uses her account the right button is deactified so there is only the select function available on both sides.

Is there some way of doing this. Lefthandedness is not uncommon.

Re: left handed mouse

I suspect it's more to do with the mouse rather than the iMac itself - the Mouse section of System Preferences is still there. My setup on Big Sur still allows me to change the actions but I'm a big fan of the old wired Mighty Mouse and don't have a bluetooth Magic Mouse to test.

I have a Magic Trackpad and you can set it up to click either side much prefer it to a mouse

Very interesting, I fished out my old bluetooth mouse which I had with my old machine and the dialogue box in System Preferences was completely different. You could assign a small range of functions to each side of the mouse and various other things as well. However with the Magic Mouse you only have three options in the click and point section, none of which allow you to set it for left handed use. I guess its not so magic after all

Update. On checking the mouse menu again I discovered a small drop-down menu which allows you to select right or left click for the second button/side. So it is possible to set up a Magic Mouse for left handed use.

Feed