Feed

Lost Font

Since downloading Big Sur I have lost a particular font in Pages, Numbers and Keynote.
When I open Font Book it indicates that particular Font is installed, yet I can't see it in the available font list in the above apps. It's there in Affinity Photo
Any ideas out there?

Re: Lost Font

It might be worthwhile disclosing the name of the font John, we then can have a look on our computers to see if it has disappeared.

High Drew
Sorry my mistake, the font is Apple Chancery
John

It's now a "supplemental font" found in System>Library>Fonts>Supplemental. Try double clicking it.

I found it:

Finder > Font Book > All Fonts > Apple Chancery

Sorry, done all the suggestions but still unable to access Apple Chancery in Pages, Numbers and Keynote. The message in the Apple Chancery examples (bottom left tells me the font is installed, it may be, but I can't access it!

John

I have just tried and the secret is go to Format menu top of Screen and show fonts, All fonts and there they are.

That doesn't work for me - Apple Chancery shows in Font Book, is in the folder Supplemental I mention above but Pages still cannot use it. I'm struggling to find out why and hence a "proper" cure.

A workaround would probably be to drag it (making a copy if necessary) to the folder holding all the fonts Pages can see.

I wonder why works for me but not you, Mick? I wondered if Apple kept off standard apps as not IOS friendly, but I created a test document on my Mac using Apple Chancery and saved it to iCloud Drive and was surprised to find it opened fine on my iPad retaining Apple Chancery and was able to add further text.

I'm not aware of ever using that font - have you used it in the past, perhaps making the Big Sur installation see "previously used" fonts? Do you have more than one copy? Where is it/are they stored?

May have cracked it with David's help. Using the Format menu and Show Fonts as David suggested, it still wasn't there for me. However, I noticed that in the Font window that brings up, in the Collections column, I had English selected and AC still didn't show - but selecting the All Fonts option at the top of the list made it appear and my Pages text changed to it. From then on, AC appeared in the formatting sidebar at the top of the font list with other recently used fonts.

I tried this also and found that although I selected Apple Chancery in the Format menu, it did not appear in the Pages fonts menu until I used it in a short piece of text and then it appeared at the top of the list but not in alphabetical order amongst the other fonts. When I closed Pages and then reopened it AC was still there at the top of the list.

Lionel - that list is the "recently used" fonts.

Feed