Feed

Light spots

Why has my iPad Pro developed 4 light spots across the bottom of the screen.
They are only visible when the screen has a light background. I have been on numerous websites and cannot find any answers.
Can anyone ‘shine a light’ on this. Pardon the pun!
John Marriott

Re: Light spots

Can you give us more info - size, position etc. I would have expected light spots to show against a dark background!

The light spots of which there are 4 resemble led’s and are clearly visible on a pale background along the bottom of the screen they are about 4mm in size and I suspect that they are there all the time but not visible.
I have been in touch with Apple support and sent them a screenshot and after over3 hours talking via chat they suggested I sent the iPad to them for repair at a cost of $468.53. Because it is 3 years old and when I said that I was not happy they arranged for another advanced advisor to ring me. They never did, surprise surprise

John, I assume that these aren't air bubbles under a screen protector?!

Hello Trevor,
No, they are not under a screen protector. Mick and I spent some time yesterday and after numerous tests we came to the conclusion that the spots were due to a manufacturing problem. I contacted `John Lewis but they were about as useful as a chocolate fire guard, in other words they didn’t want to know even though I purchased it from them 3 years ago. Perhaps there is a lesson to be learnt from this, be careful who you buy from!!

A bit late replying to this, sorry.

If your iPad is a 10.5" iPad Pro then this seems to be a recurring problem. Mine has one spot on its display too.

There are many reports on the web concerning one or more light spots, usually above the home button. It's not clear how widespread the problem is (few people without the problem bother to comment) but it does sound like a design issue. Try Googling "ipad pro bright spots on display".

There isn't a current Apple recall on them but you could try beating up Apple along merchantable quality lines. I fear the pads are now a bit too old to win that argument, sadly, but you could get lucky. I shall just live with mine until it's time for a change and then probably not buy another pro!

Feed