Feed

Apple Watch OS 7 problem

I updated my Apple Watch 4 to the latest OS 7 and where my battery was 60% charged when I went to bed I am now getting red low battery warning by 9 p.m. Looking at Apple Communities, I am very much not alone, so be warned.

Re: Apple Watch OS 7 problem

My sympathies. As a night owl I find going to bed very draining. Have you tried reducing one or two of those exciting, but maybe non-essential, new apps?

On a very small sample of days, I think my battery usage has increased slightly too (Series 5, goes onto its charger every night).

Perhaps it's the hand washing timer with its fancy soapy digits.

Relevant Apple support article.

This lists a bunch of symptoms that you might experience after updating to watchOS 7, including ‘increased battery drain on your iPhone or Apple Watch’, and includes what sounds a very tedious solution.

This article has a theory about why re-pairing the watch might help. I notice that he apparently managed to fix it without going as far as wiping and restoring the phone as well.

On a bigger sample of days, I think my battery usage (Series 5) has not changed.

Note that my suggestion about hand washing was intended to be humorous (though I do find myself making sure the 20s timer completes so I guess that counts as a success).

Feed