Feed

Apple 85W MagSafe Power Adapter

Anyone have one of these that I can borrow to charge up and old MacBook? or better still, a suggestions that I could use instead.?

Re: Apple 85W MagSafe Power Adapter

Does your new MacBook have USBC? If so you can get an adaptor from Amazon and others.

Just for clarity, two links. Note that the USB-C adapters have either-or MagSafe end choice. Best to go for the older "sideways" end with Apple's MagSafe adapter for max flexibility. The USB-C link (2) below has explanatory pictures.

1. To convert older "sideways" MagSafe to later "end-on" MagSafe
Apple MagSafe Power Adapter

2. USB-C Adapter

Thank you David and Euan for your help, this macBook is really old and may have passed its usefulness, my friend will have a look at the link.

For those of you caught out by Apple’s discarding of the magnetic power adapter which has saved my MacBook on many occasion there is this useful device which inserts a magnetic break point in the mains lead
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Magnetic-Charging-Transfer-Connections-Compatible/dp/B07R15RVJ5/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=usb+c+magnetic&qid=1598306455&sr=8-4

". . . inserts a magnetic break point in the mains lead". Ooh, I hope it doesn't!!

Whoops, in the lead from the power adapter I should have said.

Feed