Feed

Merge contacts

I have a friend who has iPhone and iPad, no Mac. She has some Contacts in Yahoo and some in iCloud. Her WhatsApp only sees those in iCloud. As far as I can see the only solution, and is logical anyway, is to consolidate Contacts on iCloud. Without a Mac this seems difficult?

The only way I can find to do this, but seems very dated/cumbersome, is to set up a temporary user account on a Mac. Export Yahoo Contacts as vCards and import into iCloud.

Am I blind to a much easier solution?

Re: Merge contacts

Surely she could use the iPad to export Yahoo as vCards to iCloud Drive then use the Contacts app to merge them from there?

I will have to check to see if she can export in bulk from her webmail account rather than one card at a time. I don't think you can export in bulk from iPad Contacts?

Now I am trying to work out how to add bulk vCards to an IOS device or even copy from Files.

The Contacts app on iCloud.com has an Import vCard option from the cog icon bottom left corner.

As an aside, you're only offered a limited range of apps on an iPhone - not Contacts among others - but I suspect you could request the desktop site.

Thanks Mick. The desktop site comes up on the iPad OK but I tried importing a bundle of three cards but it only loaded the first one. I'll keep playing.

Feed