Feed

Wired Mouse

From our meeting this morning.

What is the advantage of using a corded mouse rather than a wireless one?

Re: Wired Mouse

Mainly that there is no battery to run out, I would think.

Occasionally irritating: macOS will not allow you to turn off Bluetooth when your only pointing device is connected that way.

Perhaps for certain types of gamers there would be a latency problem with wireless devices?

My wired keyboard and mouse have never lost contact with my Mac ;-)

My wireless mouse (Magic Mouse 1) is always loosing contact with my MacBook Pro. It is the worst Apple product I own. Hopefully they solved the problem with Magic Mouse 2.
The problem with MM2 is that instead of replaceable batteries it has rechargeable built-in batteries (which will degrade over time) and the recharging socket is ON THE BOTTOM so you cannot recharge and use the mouse at the same time. That was the reason I bought the old version. What a mistake!

I bought a spare Mighty Mouse (the one with the scroll ball) before they all disappeared. It's still sitting in its box awaiting my needing to use it. The only issue I have with these mice is that finger grease tends, over time, to attract dirt to the rollers the scroll ball moves. Rubbing (upside down) vigorously on a denim-clad thigh(!) usually cleans them but if not, even though they are not designed to come apart, it is possible with care which is how I've kept mine going so long.

I doubt you could buy one now and I'm not selling mine ;-) Dare I suggest you consider a USB mouse from a different manufacturer?

I use a Magic Mouse 1 with no issues. It was poor, like Rick's, until Sierra (IIRC) when Apple fixed OS X's dire Bluetooth stack.

My other half has a Magic Mouse 2 and has never worked out how to use it with a cable sticking out of its base but it is otherwise fine.

Feed