Feed

Lightroom 6.14 update no longer available

I thought that I would check whether my disc version of Lightroom 6.0 would still run on the PC as a fall-back position. It does, but Adobe seem to have removed the update to 6.14 from their website. This is a pity as I also thought I could update a version that I could load onto my Mojave partition or use a separate Apple Computer running Mojave. Updates under the Help menu is unhelpful as it states that “Your applications are all up-to-date.”

I found a link that advises by logging in to your Adobe Account it is possible to download the latest version but it seems to be for those who downloaded the original from the site rather than those who purchased a DVD. My version is registered and is shown under the Product tab (without a version number allocated) but the only clickable area is to enter the serial number which it returns with ”An error appeared while registering” presumably because it is already registered. Other tabs for My Plans, Order history, and Billing history are not applicable to a DVD purchase.

So it looks like I am stuck with version 6.0 if Lightroom ever needs re-installing.

Re: Lightroom 6.14 update no longer available

I presume you're talking about the macOS update?

If so, I still have a copy of the 6.14 update (never actually used it, I'm still on 6.12) but it looks like the updater app is 32-bit.

When you say you have the 6.14 update, how would it be applied to a computer? Presumably version 6.0 would already have to be installed. It is not a complete programme in its own right with its own serial number.

I am also assuming this is a file that will only run on the Mac not a DVD compatible with either Mac or PC platform.

Yes, it's a delta update I'm sure (so must be applied to an existing version 6.x installation). It was freely available from Adobe's web site when I downloaded it; I never got around to installing it and now I hardly use LR.

I'm sure it will be Mac-only but it would update an installation that started out on a DVD (If I've correctly understood your point). The DVDs held two versions of LR, one for Windows and the other for macOS.

The problem I foresee is that the updater program (that changes the installed version) appears to be a 32-bit app.

Yes I think it would suffice if I were to load LR 6.0 onto my Mojave partition or if later I were to have a Mac especially for 32 bit programmes but it would not update the Windows version. In which case please may I have a copy of it sometime. It's in no way urgent.

Perhaps I should ask via LR forums whether anyone has a copy of the Windows updater file.

I did look a little while ago and there were people complaining that the updater had disappeared (I presume for both platforms).

Feed