Feed

Using Wallet on your New Phone

When you transfer data from an old phone to a new one, your credit cards in wallet transfer too but they don't really! It's likely (unless not all card issuers work the same way) that you'll have to delete the cards and enter them again to authorise them with the new phone.

Yes, I did find out the hard way by having my card (phone!) declined in a busy garage! Being declined generated a security issue which locked the card so I couldn't even use the physical card I had with me. My case comes up next week ;-)

Re: Using Wallet on your New Phone

Thanks for the warning Mick! Knowing this, presumably it would be best to delete the cards on the old phone before doing the data transfer?

I didn't so not sure. If you do then of course the cards won't transfer so you'll naturally have to install afresh.

I've just set up a new iPhone and was specifically required to set up my credit/debit cards as from new. I am not sure if my main one will function because I missed the little banner announcing an email which required me to enter a security code to finalise the set up. I have had a message to say that it IS set up for Apple Pay - it will be interesting finding out!

For "interesting" read "embarrassing"!

Take your cards with you Michael and you won't go wrong.

Up until yesterday I had an intermittent problem paying with my Apple Watch, however after chatting with David the problem was solved in a few minutes.

Thank you David Moon.

You could always just leave the watch with them as security...

Many years ago, finding myself ‘sans wallet’ after filling up, I had to do exactly that. Most embarrassing! I suspect that distant memory was one reason why I set up ApplePay on my phone.

Recently I filled up my petrol tank at the local garage, reached in my pocket for my wallet only to find that I had left it in another jacket at home. I didn't even have the excuse that Applepay was malfunctioning as I don't have an iPhone. I was pleasantly surprised at the courtesy of the checkout lady who produced a special form for me to fill in and suggested I return later to pay. No need to sell my children or anything as drastic as that.

Feed