Feed

Mailbox warning

I have just received this message in Mail from the Mail Delivery System: "Warning: Your mailbox is almost full. If your mailbox fills up completely you will not be able to receive any new email. To ensure that you continue receiving mail you need to remove some or all of the messages from your mailbox." There are only seven messages in the MacBook inbox waiting for my action so where could the 'almost full' mailbox be and how are they deleted?

Re: Mailbox warning

This applies to the TalkTalk server, not your devices. They only allocate a specific space to store your email for you and you've almost filled it. If you check, you'll probably find you have hundreds, perhaps thousands of emails going back over a long period of time. Using IMAP, on your laptop, you should be able to delete any you don't need and they should be deleted from the server. You can check this by logging on to the TalkTalk webmail service. Of course, you could delete them from there - there's usually a way to delete a whole page full at a time.

Re: Mailbox warning

Thanks Mick. Have now reduced my 'used' figure.

Feed