Feed

Reducing iCloud Storage on an iPad

My iCloud storage shows 4GB of 5GB used so must start reducing usage. I can delete a few photos and documents but I am not sure if I can reduce more jn other ways. eg. iCloud Drive contains an mp4 file of 252 MB which was made on my iMac and I want to keep it there. Is it possible to delete this on the iPad but keep it on the iMac? ’Backups’ take 588MB, split between the iPad, my iPhone and an older iPhone. Do Backups occur automatically on the iPad? I don’t see the need for backups on the older iPhone.
Am using an iPad Air 2 on OS 13.3.1 and an iMac (Mid 2010) on High Sierra 10.13.6.

Re: Reducing iCloud Storage on an iPad

I still back up my iPhone/iPad to my Mac (through iTunes, now Music), avoiding the call upon iCloud Drive space.

As regards your MP4 file, presumably you want to share with your iPhone but not iPad. If you only want this on the Mac, then use Time Machine to keep it safe and you can delete it from iCloud.

When you made the MP4 file on your Mac, you may have copied it to iCloud Drive or you may have moved it. If you copied it there will still be a version on your Mac so you can safely delete the one from iCloud . If you moved it, just move it back.

If you no longer need that backup of the old iPhone, just delete it.

Or you could spend 79p per month and not worry about it!

Thanks Tony and Mick for your comments which I will work on, except the one about spending more!

Feed