Feed

Logging into Facetime using a different Apple ID

I would like to log onto Facetime using a different Apple ID to the one that my devices use.
(This is a bit like a different Apple user using my Mac to receive Facetime calls)

Before I try it, I would like some assurance that I am not going to tie my machine in knots somehow!

Any views?
Thanks
Richard

Re: Logging into Facetime using a different Apple ID

You don't need a different Apple ID - you can register any email address you own and people can contact you using that. You can register phone numbers (mobile) too - I think it needs to be an iPhone.

Building on what Mick suggested, remember that you can create E-Mail aliases in your Apple ID account. They look like normal E-Mail addresses and deliver mail to your iCloud account but you can bin them when they're no longer useful (if privacy is your objective).

Probably best not to create a new AppleID, you'd break the links with other devices for starters.

Thanks Mick and Tony.
I have succeeded in logging in with a different apple ID. No emergent problems (so far!).

Tony: Yes I had forgotten the availability of aliases. However, in this case I already had other Apple IDs that I created in error some time ago, so I used one of those.

Feed