Feed

Emails to AOL address problem

Using my iCloud email address to send to a friend with an AOL address, he doesn’t see my messages. I contacted Apple support online and they think the problem is at his end since all my ’sent’ emails appear in my iCloud account. I have to convince him (and myself) about this and want to identify the problem. Would any member using AOL allow me to send them an email to test this?
My Mail version is 11.5 and my iMac v 10.13..6 High Sierra. My friend uses an iPhone 11 on iOS 13.3.
I have tried sending him emails from my iPad but with the same negative result. My emails to other addresses appear to be be received. I haven’t yet identified the date when friend stopped seeing my emails. Am trying to see if the problem occurred when he upgraded to an iPhone 11.

Re: Emails to AOL address problem

I have a friend in Northern France who uses AOL Roy who is experiencing similar problems. I have tried emailing him on both a Gmail and Apple account to no avail.

That's interesting Drew thanks. I wonder if your friend is using an iPhone 11? I have sent my friend this link: https://help.aol.co.uk/articles/fFix-problems-reading-or-receiving-aol-mail

That advice is generic i.e. not specific to either AOL or the iPhone 11 - but assuming you haven't had any mail bounce back to you saying why AOL refused it, it's likely to be the issue. So as long as he knows how to check his spam/junk folders, I expect he'll find it.

As a 'long shot' I sent friend an email using my previous toucansurf address and it went through! That address was being blocked or on a 'black list' a few months ago, as Mick discovered after detailed work on my Mail. So it's a surprise that it now works but am not complaining. I will use toucansurf for emails to friend until he finds the problem in his iPhone settings. As far as I know, other recipients accept my emails via my iCloud address.

Feed