Feed

Tip: Use the Reader

As you get older you get more irritated by flickering adverts on websites (in fact you get more irritated full stop). The adverts are very distracting. I've only recently found in the Safari browser menu View>Show Reader (Shift-Command-R) or in the Firefox browser View>Enter Reader View (Alt-Command-R).

This allows you to read the website without adverts. Simples!

Re: Tip: Use the Reader

Thanks Rick but - 'Show Reader' is greyed out on my Safari (13.0.3). Also am still on High Sierra (10.13.6). Perhaps I am too out-of-date for your helpful tip but I am getting older!

I am running High Sierra and have been using show reader ever since it came out you will find a setting in the view menu for it

Roy, it doesn’t work on all web pages so try a few other sites before concluding that you have a problem.

Thanks Trevor. You are right. I have to be selective on the sites it can be used. No problem after all🙂

Rick, I have been using ABP (AdBlock Plus) for a few years now and don't get any adds.

It is readily available free of charge.

Rick, sorry I'm a bit late to the party :-)
Thanks for bringing Show Reader to my attention. I find it really helpful and makes articles much easier to read, although, as mentioned, it isn't accessible on all websites.

Happy New Year to all my readers 🤗

Feed