Feed

Deleting a page in Pages

On my MacBook Air using Pages 8.1.

I have a four page document containing text and tables, I wish to delete a single page. By following the instructions given in Apple support, instead of deleting a single page the whole document is deleted.

Any suggestions please.

Re: Deleting a page in Pages

Hi Drew. In view options select thumbnails. Select the thumbnail of the page to delete and delete. On iPad I just held finger on thumbnail to get the appropriate menu.

I have three pages, not four as stated.

I have tried that David and every suggestion I can find. The document shows three pages and also shows three thumbnails. When I delete either of the unwanted thumbnails it deletes the whole document.

In the printer menu it shows three pages, I have the option of printing "All" or a "Single" page, by choosing single it prints the single page.

In other documents, after clearing the text, I would place the curser on the top LHS of the unwanted page then delete.

I just can't understand it.

Eureka!

I have solved the problem.

Tell us how!

Bit late to the party, sorry.

This problem usually indicates that you're in word processor, not page layout, mode. Something in your text/object flow is generally driving the layout to do odd things.

But you've solved it now...

Feed