Feed

Emails not coming through

Using Mail v11.5 on my iMac and OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, emails are not coming through the POP Account. They do appear on my iPad and iPhone. They also show in Mailbox Manager. I can't see anything wrong with the settings in Mail Prefs or in System Prefs. This problem only occurs for my TalkTalk "toucansurf.com" address. Emails via my iCloud address come through. What settings should I check?

Re: Emails not coming through

Check against any of the working devices - the settings should be the same:

User Name
Password
Name of Incoming Server (Host Name)
Port
Use SSL?
Authentication (Invariably set to Password)

Thanks Mick. Afraid I can't find equivalent settings on the iPad. Looking at Account Information on the iPad, I see that it is headed IMAP but (POP) on the iMac. The Host Name is the same as the iMac, except that pop3.is lower case on the iPad. Have changed it to match on the iMac. The password has the same number of dots but I have forgotten how to check the actual password being used. Can't see 'Port' or SSL or Authentication on the iPad settings.
The problem has continued throughout today with emails being received in the iPad and in Mailbox Manager.

Have contacted TalkTalk and their reply is: "There is currently a known issue that is affecting your service. Our network support engineers have started investigating this"

Looks as if this is the same problem that I have encountered. Having spent two hours going in circles on the phone to TalkTalk - complicated by the fact that my Onetel address wasn't changed to a TalkTalk one when they took Onetel over, (though my wife's address was) - I have jumped ship and moved to PlusNet, and found what a pleasure it is to talk with someone who doesn't operate from a script and who can answer unscripted questions. As PlusNet are No.2 in Which? for good service I am looking forward to finding that this is the case. Maybe you could consider that option, Roy

I am with TalkTalk but have never had problems with emails. I don't use a TalkTalk email address at all and that could be the reason why. They pressurised me into using one but I declined and said I would move if they forced me to. So I suggest get rid of the TalkTalk email address

Thanks Michael and Douglas. TalkTalk are on my 'blacklist' , as shown by my thread here in June 2019. I am slowly moving to using my iCloud address. Takes time to change with commercial contacts. I plan to consider 'jumping ship' in 2020 when my TT contract ends.

I wish you luck for the rest of your contract term!

Feed