Feed

Adobe Acrobat Printing Error

Today I tried printing a PDF document using Adobe Acrobat and it threw up the "No pages selected to print" error. Others have had problems. The solution that worked for me was to go to Advanced, top centre, in the print panel and tick "Print as Image".

I also downloaded Foxit Reader from the App store (It's free with no in-app purchases) which seems to work OK.

Re: Adobe Acrobat Printing Error

You could have tried Preview I use that for viewing all my PDFs i don't use Adobe at all

Thank you and I'll use your tip.

Unfortunately in this instance I wanted to print pages 1,3,4 & 5 double-sided which Preview does not allow, only All, A selected page or Consecutive pages.

I have printed individual pages double sided with Preview on many occasions

Workround with Preview would have been to delete page 2, print and then undo the deletion (the nervous might work on a copy whilst deleting pages). Preview can also reorder pages in PDFs or add them.

We have tried Acrobat (Reader) here and concluded that it does little more than Preview (but I love Preview so I'm biased).

Douglas, I would be interested to learn how you print my example: 3 on the reverse of 1, 5 on the reverse of 4 (missing out page 2).

Tony that's a good work-around.

I'd suggest reordering the pages as you want them printed i.e. leave 1 as 1, move 3 up to position 2 so it prints on the reverse of 1, move 4 to position 3 and 5 to position 4 leaving 2 (which you don't want printed) in position 5 then print "pages" 1 to 4. (To move them, show the thumbnail view and drag the page thumbnail to where you want it.)

A neat solution and perhaps what Douglas had in mind but when I tried it my Preview it will not allow me to re-order the thumbnails. The page springs back to where it was in the side panel. I cannot find anything in Preferences which would make modify this behaviour. Any ideas?

Presumably the underlying document is not read-only or locked. Preview's Help also suggests (for copying text but may be related):

The PDF may require a password before you can select or copy text. Choose Tools > Show Inspector, click the Encryption button , then enter the password.

Feed