Feed

Easily web site changes

I have been using the Easily web site for domain name and file storage for file sharing purposes for several years

Easily have now changed the way they manage the web site such that one cannot access individual files via a web browser directly - one has to navigate through their cumbersome web site to get to the File Manager where one can only see the file names and not the file contents (or at least I can not see the file contents)

Any other Easily users had any challenges with their new processes.

Re: Easily web site changes

I use Easily but not for file storage/sharing but I did prefer the old site!

Likewise. I had difficulty with the change to ftp client settings so couldn't maintain my website for a while. However, once that was resolved, normal service was resumed.

Thanks for replies - it was Mick who recommended Easily to me many years ago.

Trevor - what do you mean change to ftp client settings?

Previously I could use a web browser and select a folder on my web space and see a list of all the files - as if I was using Finder on the Mac.
Now I have to specifiy the full directory and file name to see the file or use their File Manager in the Easily Control panels to see the names of the files, however I cannot view the file in the Easily app I have to copy the file name into the browser panel to get to see the file. Have you overcome this problem?

My discussions with their support group do not appear to understand useability issues like this.

Derek, I'm referring to the information I needed to enter to direct my web authoring program (FreeWay from SoftPress) to upload my website to the space provided by Easily. The server name used go be of the form 'usernnnnn.vs.easily.co.uk' and a directory 'website'. I logged in with the username 'usernnnnn'.

Now the server name is simply my domain name, the directory is 'public' and the user name is also my domain name.

I haven't tried browsing the file structure of my site in the way you describe so don't know what might have changed in that department.

Feed