Feed

Deleting Archived Emails.

On all three of our Macs operating on High Sierra 10.13.6 and Mail 11.5 (3445.9.1), the incoming Gmails are automatically stored in an Archive Folder.

Any suggestions please on how to disable this action or to delete these emails in the folder?

I have tried various methods without success.

Re: Deleting Archived Emails.

Its best to deal with this sort of thing on the Gmail web portal.

I'm aware of one person who deleted his Archived Mail folder on his Mac only to find he deleted all mail from all mailboxes! I can't vouch for exactly what he did as it had already happened when I got the panic phone call but I can vouch for the fact that while we were able to retrieve everything, jumping through hoops doesn't do justice to the hassle!

Thank you Mick.

I don't want to delete the folder, just the countless emails in the folder, and to stop all emails being stored in the folder.

I'm not sure you can stop them all being stored there - that's what Gmail does but you should be able to delete emails from within it using the Gmail webmail interface.

I can only wish Mick. Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem? What do they do.

I use Apple Mail to get my emails from gmail, it puts a duplicate copy of each email in the Archived Mail box. I go through this box on occasions and delete them but the originals are still in the in box or other folders I have put them in

Feed