Feed

How to open a .fms file.

I have a slide show on a CD but I can't open it on my iMac. This message pops up when I double click the file: "The document “.................fms” could not be opened."
What program(s) might open it? Have searched but all the solutions that appear are for "Windows" files.

Re: How to open a .fms file.

I think you'll find this is Windows only - and even most Windows machines struggle. As far as I can tell it's a very obscure file format.

I think you need the author to send it in a more common format.

I am the author but can't remember what I used!

I find that I can view the images via "Quick Look" but the quality is not good and I can't start the slide show.

Do you have a copy of Quicktime Player 7?

That can play a lot of older formats that the current player doesn't recognise - worth a try.

Yes I have Quicktime Player but the .fms file is greyed out. It's a mystery how I ended up with such a file. Haven't seen one before!

You might like to try Handbrake, an open source video transcoder. It can transcode many old video formats.

Amendment:
I had assumed from Tony's comment that this was a video format but some research on the internet reveals it to be a spreadsheet programme, late of Lotus 1-2-3 origin bought out by IBM. This link may help:FMS Formats

I don't know how it as become a slide show!

Thanks Rick. I have tried 'Handbrake' but get: "No Valid Source Found”. My file is not a spreadsheet. It contains 23 of my images, as shown by "Quick Look".

Feed