Feed

Amazon gift token overseas

Does anyone have experience of sending an Amazon eGift token overseas. Amazon’s website seems to provide no coherent suggestions.

Re: Amazon gift token overseas

I have sent them to a friend in Australia, no different to sending in the UK.

I think there is a question of how they will spend them but I have happily ordered international from Amazon France and Spain so it's mostly about paying a little more P&P. My friend usually uses Amazon UK anyway (she is actually a Brit) but one set of Amazon credentials work across all their sites in my experience.

Hi David,
Are you trying to send an e-card or gift card to someone abroad to spend in their own currency? I wonder if you can sign into the Amazon account of that other country and purchase it? I have an Amazon.com account but my user is also valid with the amazon.co.uk account. I can pay with either US or UK credit card or by using my PayPal account, and PayPal lets you use different currencies. Perhaps my answer is too complicated. It is a question worth asking and exploring.

Thanks both. I think this answer's your point Georgia.

"Can Amazon e gift cards be used internationally?

So you cannot use an Amazon.com gift card on one of their international websites. However, you can purchase an Amazon.com gift card with a non-U.S. credit card, and vice versa. So while the gift card itself is only redeemable in one country, Amazon will accept payment from another."

Linda's son sent a link which she duly followed which actually took her to Amazon.com so she ended up sending a US dollar token to New Zealand but there does seem to be a special deal in NZ to buy from the US - we will see.

Tony's point that you can send a UK token is correct:- As Amazon Uk will ship internationally. As you say Tony just a bit more on P&P.

We are also planning to send an eGift card to Australia and I see we can log in on the Amazon.com.au site. I will let you know if successful!

We have just logged on to amazon.com.au and were able to buy an eGift token. Our Amazon username and password worked but wee were asked to confirm the full number on the registered Visa card. All worked fine and we wait to hear safely received.

Feed