Feed

Replacement battery for iPhone.

My old iPhone 4s needs a replacement battery. Before anyone says get a new iPhone I will say that I have recently done that. The 4s will be a spare. I assume that replacing the battery is not a DIY job so will I have to buy one and have it fitted at an Apple approved reseller? The cost seems to be around £79.

Re: Replacement battery for iPhone.

The 4s battery can be replaced by yourself, there are quite a few films on YouTube explaining how to do it. I believe it is the only Apple phone that battery replacement is a DIY job.

Google it first Roy, there is quite a bit of help available.

See this:

iFixIt for 4s

I successfully replaced Mary’s iPhone 4s battery with one bought for a tenner off eBay. Our grandson is still using it 2 years later. Cheap batteries can be a bit of a lottery though but for a spare phone it could be worth a go. The replacement battery comes with the tools you need to do the job. It’s not difficult but it is fiddly and involves a couple of very tiny screws. Watch the videos to see if you feel up to tackling it.

Many thanks all for the prompt replies. (overnight, wow what a helpful forum this is). I will deal with a replacement later today.

So worth your membership fee Roy?

Sure is Mick. You know I like value for money!

Did you replace the battery yourself Roy?

Jumping on the battery replacement bandwagon, I replaced the battery in a Kindle recently, battery obtained from China via e-Bay.

Yes Drew, I replaced it, thanks to your tip, above, about YouTube and the link given by Mick. Replacement battery was via eBay for £5.25 inc tools and free postage!! Don't know how they do it for that price and I felt the same as Trevor, 'bit of a lottery but worth a go'. It was 'fingers crossed' until it started working! Must say it was fiddly though to reassemble.

Amazing price indeed.

There is a bit of a scam behind these small orders though, they use a dubious loophole to avoid VAT. That's a mixed blessing...

Feed