Feed

Solutions Inc

Any news about Solutions inc? After I went to their shop for my appointment on Monday 30th July and found it closed due to flooding I phoned the head office who told me the branch manager would phone me.

As I still have received no response I phone the shop today and got an answerphone so phoned the head office marketing again and got through to another answerphone. Left my name and number this morning but still no return call. Are they going out of business or are too swamped with custom that they don't bother to return calls?

Re: Solutions Inc

The Bournemouth shop was still closed with the same notice in the window when I passed by last Thursday (16th).

You could try phoning another branch (as per their website)?

Thanks I'll do that. What I really want is to try and contact the Bournemouth manager in order to get an appointment for them to condemn my MacBook screen which they replaced in Jan 2017 and install a new one. I want to get ahead of the technician appointment queue!
Then I'll feel comfortable taking the device to pieces myself and upgrading the SSD to 1 TByte. Transcend do a compatible card for £600

If they have contractors in store repairing flood damage, they may not be making technician appointments right now 😉

Walked past again today (Thurs 23rd). There are workers in but the shop appears to be totally gutted. Don't hold your breath!

Have made contact and they are alive and well! Maybe another month before they open in Bournemouth (Am discussing my Mac problem with Rich Webber at HQ)

Just an update on Solutions. They have repaired my screen F.O.C. and extremely promptly - I phoned Wednesday, had an appointment Thursday, collected Friday.

The MacBook Pro 2015 screen is made by Sony and they delaminate. Solutions warned me that, as this is the second time they have replaced it, they would not be able to replace this latest one F.O.C. should the need arise. This is not Solutions policy but Apples of course. Fingers crossed!

If it happens again, I advise talking to Trading Standards. On a totally different matter, they advised me that a replacement item must be of the same quality as the original (without the delimitation, that is). The crucial point is that it should last as long as you would reasonably have expected the original to last (so its original warranty duration as a bare minimum).

My suppliers had told me that the replacement was only warranted for the balance of the original warranty, which implied that it might be of lower quality; Trading Standards said this was not allowable.

I expect that this applies to your screen too.

Feed