Feed

Network Settings Greyed Out

I am not receiving emails. Sending seems ok. I have a strong wi-fi signal but all the wi-fi settings are greyed out. Likewise under TCP/IP the 'Configure IPv4' is greyed but the IPv4 Address, Subnet Mask and Router figures are ok. DNS Server figures are also grey. Help, where do I start to correct this, with TalkTalk?

Re: Network Settings Greyed Out

I also stopped receiving talktalk emails 4 days ago although I could send. I deleted the account and then added it back and everything is now working. Some 6 months or more ago talktalk advised me that mail settings had changed but as everything was working well I ignored this. It is posssible that the account was a POP3 account and that talktalk have ceased POP3 accounts. Certainly the reinstated account is IMAP.

I took Roy through the steps to make a new talktalk account and suddenly his emails started to arrive. We created an account [undisclosed email] even though his email address is [undisclosed email] as I was under the illusion that his it was his talktalk account that had failed. (I know there is a contractual/ownership relationship between between toucansurf and talktalk).

There was some confusion which accounts were in use or enabled and without looking at his screen I could not determine how the mail was reaching his computer. Anyway he is receiving emails but may have old accounts to delete.

Re: Network Settings Greyed Out

Many thanks for your help Rick. Pleased to find that eleven missing emails came through after following your advice. Am hoping that they will continue to come in. (fingers crossed!).

Feed