Feed

The curse of Spaces

Grrrr.... If I could get hold of the idiot who invented Spaces.....
Using Affinity Designer 1.5.5 on El Capitan on my 'new' iMac I've successfully done what I wanted with 19 books despite being constantly infuriated by Spaces almost every time I moved an AfDes file around to get to another file on the desktop. On the twentieth book, I inadvertently let go of the mouse button, and now find myself up a certain creek without a paddle. I need one of you chaps to be that paddle. Every time I now open an AfDes file I'm presented with the wrong interface, i.e. the file takes up so much of the screen that the menus at the top have disappeared, so I can't even click the file away. My only resort is to Alt-Command-Escape and make it force quit. But exactly the same thing happens the next time I open a file, so I force quit again.
Ten minutes later.
I just went over to the new machine to open a file again so I could compare the interfaces on two computers and it has cured itself!
What the hell is going on?

Re: The curse of Spaces

Sounds like you've clicked the green button (top left - red, yellow, green) to enter full screen. Just hover your mouse up there again and the balls will reappear. Just click the green one again.

Re: The curse of Spaces

Thanks Mick,I'll endeavour to remember that!

Feed