Feed

Entries in Calendar, Month to Week

When I make a new entry in 'Month' view the entry doesn't appear in 'Week' view. Is this normal in version 8.0, using El Capitan 10.11.6? AugWessex entries appear in both views.

Re: Entries in Calendar, Month to Week

I'm sure it's not normal. Does it show the other way round i.e. if you make an entry in week view does it sow in month view? Does it show in all views on other devices? Any chance your week view is not showing the time of the event?

Yes it shows the other way round. Have just made a 'Dummy' event in 'Week' view and it's showing in 'Month' view. However all the events added in 'Month' view, some with times, are still not showing in 'Week' view.
Have just discovered that I can't delete an event. Calendar 'Help' doesn't help!
I think I will revert to a manual diary!

It works here.

Week view requires a lot of scrolling to see the entire day so have you checked the all of it? All-day events appear only at the very top so have you tried a short, midday, test event?

You could update to High Sierra ... well, Sierra anyway ... I liked Sierra.

Thanks Mick and Tony. Everything is now showing in Week and Month view! Perhaps it was the lack of scrolling. Apologies for the false alarm but I did learn about Calendar from troubleshooting. More to learn though. Must move to Sierra after updating my backup - soon!

Sorry Roy - my lack of clarity. I meant was the week view scrolled to show the time you'd set the event for - you can only get so many hours in view at once.

Thanks Mick for, "you can only get so many hours in view at once." I realise that now. I wasn't scrolling!

Feed