Feed

Apple iPhone battery drain since update iOS11.2.1

I'm really UNHAPPY just one week after upgrading to iOS 11.2.1 from 10.2 on my iPhone 6S. Yes the stories of the battery draining are very true. I didn't want to upgrade my phone in September because I always wait to see what troubles a new upgrade can cause. Well I got a new Apple Watch 3 in December and to sync with my iPhone the phone said I must upgrade to the latest software, so I did then. But my battery now drains down fast, and when it gets to about 40% it goes super fast! I didn't have this problem before the upgrade. I've turned off what ever apps in background etc to enhance performance. Thanks David Moon for links to help on this.
Apple said it is sorry for making the batteries on the older iPhones slow down but it has really hampered my enjoyment of the phone. Just today the press said Apple would replace the old batteries for users like myself at a discounted price but that won't happen till end of January. I just wanted to ask if anyone else has had fast battery drainage since upgrading to iOS 11 and has an older phone? I see no real need to have done this to older phones as there are many, many users out in the real world who are affected by this software UPGRADE!!

Re: Apple iPhone battery drain since update iOS11.2.1

This may be as a result of the latest law suit against Apple.Search on line - it's been widely publicised. My understanding is they noticed that older batteries could suddenly die (or drain fast?) when running the latest operating systems so they included software to monitor this and slow the phone slightly to minimise the problem. Now they are being sued for slowing peoples' phones so they may have removed it.

Re: Apple iPhone battery drain since update iOS11.2.1

A lot of early iOS 11 battery drain problems were due to a bug in the YouTube app (it used lots of power even when apparently idle) so check that all of your apps are up to date. The slow-down problems are with old/low charge/cold batteries but your case sounds like a curious coincidence that your battery chose that moment to decide that it was old and struggling.

My iPhone SE (essentially a 6s in a smaller package) has had no problems with iOS 11 until the end of December when I once saw a dramatic slowdown of the camera app. Since it was -11 degrees and iPhones are not specified to work below zero, I was quite happy that iOS slowed down rather than shut-down!

Feed