Feed

Speeding up my emails

I've just checked in the online Apple Store. If I buy the new iMac Pro and up the specification for processor, memory and storage as much as possible, will it fetch my email faster, so will it be £12,000 well spent? ;-)

P.S. Anyone here seriously considering even the base model at just under £5,000?

Re: Speeding up my emails

You never know what you might get in your Christmas stocking!

Ditto, except that I phoned Exeter & Southampton this morning with the same question???

I don't have any tasks that could actually exploit that many cores. And my MBP is only one year old so I haven't got over the price tag for that yet!

Early reviews seem to agree the 10-core is the sweet spot- highest Turbo Boost speed for single-threaded tasks & more cores for the things that can use them. As tempting as it is to smash the piggy bank and blow over £7k on the spec I'd want (10 core, 64GB RAM, 2TB, Vega 64) I'm holding on for the new modular, upgradeable [last Apple press release actually used that word..good sign] Mac Pro. Bear in mind both the CPU and GPU in iMacs are underclocked to prevent overheating and reduce power consumption. The MP 7,1 will not have these problems (well, the 'current' 6,1 does, but they know that)...it'll be faster for sure.

Feed