Feed

Problem with Pages

Using Pages v5.6.2 (the highest version that will run on El Capitan, which in turn is the highest OS that will run on my 2007 iMac) I have encountered into a new problem - worse still, an intermittent one in which I cannot yet see a pattern. Trying to save documents to which I have added photographs in JPG format I get a message that in effect tells me I can't save the file. This seems to happen more when I have a new file. The annoying thing is that it hasn't occurred with old files that I have tried to alter. Might it be the size of the JPG - usually around 4MB?
Has anyone else met this problem?

Re: Problem with Pages

Michael, I use the same version of Pages and OS on a mid 2010 iMac. Have just done a test page with a little text and added a 10MB jpg image (compressed from a 62 MB image). No problem in saving the document to the desktop. Sorry can't offer a solution.

There may be a problem with one or more of the photographs being corrupt. Test by saving files with a little text and one photograph to see if it's just one of them.

Michael, could we please have the exact wording of the error message.

In the meantime, ensure that the JPEG will open in Preview so that you're confident the file is good.

Feed