Feed

Pausing Keynote

Am learning to use Apple’s presentation package Keynote. In general I am finding it easy to make it do what I want but I would like to switch back and forth between the presentation and a running application, demonstrate something and then switch back to continue the presentation. Is this possible? Keyboard shortcuts that I know of involving Mission Control are trapped by Keynote or advance the presentation.

Re: Pausing Keynote

If you want to pause after say, slide 7, at the end of the slide, press esc to halt the presentation, run the application then click on slide 8 in the sidebar and press play. You could even have the app running on a different desktop but you'd still have to halt the presentation - I don't think there's a way of minimising it part way through to allow access to the app.

How many inputs does the projector have and do you have an iPad? If "2" and "yes" you could run the presentation on the iPad with the app set up ready on the Mac and just switch inputs.

Re: Pausing Keynote

Thanks Mick. Yes I think it best to halt the presentation and resume from the next slide.

Feed