Feed

Website apps

Can anybody recommend a website app that is easy to understand? I've tried all the free ones and a few others and found them all incomprehensible. I don't mind spending money on a decent program.

Re: Website apps

When you say you've tried all the free ones, can you give us a few examples as you may have missed one. For example, whilst I've not tried it myself, I know several people who have used Weebly and found it very easy.

Hi Mick, I'll have a look at that in a minute, although I think I've tried it.

I haven't tried it but I've just waded through their 'terms and conditions' which are endless; plus it seems like a rental agreement.

I used Weebly for a few years. No problems on the free tariff. If you want more features then you pay. See: https://www.weebly.com/uk/pricing

Thanks Roy, I've seen that but I think £17 a month is a bit excessive when I haven't yet sold a book. The trouble is I engaged a bloke to do it last February, and at first he was too busy, then he did it, I suggested improvements, which he would do 'fairly soon', and so it went on. I wasn't paying enough attention because I was so busy producing the books, and he kept making adjustments, which were never exactly what I wanted, etc. etc....

A review in October's MacFormat recommended Espresso (by MacRabbit) for "more experienced users" and Wolf (by Aidaluu) for "instant gratification". I have no experience of either.

I have tried the demo of RapidWeaver and not liked it. I am intrigued by Blocs (Blocsapp.com) but haven't had time to try it, the demo languishes on my desktop. Its British developer seems very responsive, as do the websites it produces.

Thanks Tony, I've had a look at Wolf, RapidWeaver, and Blocs, and didn't find any of them intelligible. However, I have found a local developer who says he can make the alterations I want to my existing site for about a hundred quid, which sounds like a bargain, and will allow my poor old brain to relax.

Feed