Feed

toykofalcon malware

I found an app. with this name a couple of days ago in my Apps folder and as it wasn't something I'd downloaded intentionally I ditched it and emptied the trash. It seems it is a piece of malware. I also found a Safari extension in this name which I have also now removed.
Do I need to do anymore to remove the threat this nasty poses? I have no idea how I acquired it but recently I have been getting an increased number of emails notifications from my ISP (John Lewis) saying that emails sent to me have been quarantined because they contained a virus, might the two be linked?

Re: toykofalcon malware

I think that's a typo - it should be tokyofalcon. There are various reports online including what you need to do to get rid of it. I've no idea how legitimate or trustworthy these sites are but I found them easily:

Remove - Version 1

Remove - Version 2

Re: toykofalcon malware

Thanks Mick. I followed the instructions in Version 2 which were very similar to Version 1 and removed all the suspicious files in the library folders mentioned - there were several. I have not run the Adware Removal Tool they encourage you to get as no doubt this is where they make their money! Hopefully I have done enough to get rid of the problem.

Feed