Feed

iOS 11

iOS 11
At the Bournemouth meeting about the iOS 11 update I said that I did a backup that morning before I intended to update to iOS 11 and that it only brought up the iOS 10.3.3 update. (Later at the meeting, I found that I could access the iOS 11 one).

I think I may have discovered why.
In: https://www.gottabemobile.com/how-to-fix-bad-ios-11-battery-life/ there is a paragraph about security patches for previous updates and I think because I hadn’t updated 10.3.3, it wanted to do that first to be more secure.

Excerpt-
'If you skipped previous versions of iOS, your iOS 11 update will come with an even longer list of security patches. 
Apple's iOS 10.3.3 update delivered 24 security patches addressing potential issues with Contacts, Messages, Notifications, and Safari. It also included a patch for a potentially dangerous Wi-Fi exploit called "Broadpwn." '

It’s just a thought.

Thanks to Tony and David for their hard work to make this presentation, it was worth driving from Portsmouth for. 😄

Jeanette

Re: iOS 11

I think it's quite possible that the iOS 11 installer depends on something in 10.3.3. Has anyone managed to update from an older version?

And thanks for your support at the meeting Jeanette.

Re: iOS 11

👍😄

Feed