Feed
< Previous | 1 | 2 | Next >

Re: Epson Photo Printer Wi-Fi Connection Problem

Presumably the slowdown only happens when you are really printing, not when you "print" to a PDF? If you are able, open Activity Monitor during a pause in spooling and look under the 'CPU' tab for any process using large amounts (100%, maybe) of compute power (you can order the display by clicking in the % CPU column heading).

Do you have any indication of the WiFi signal strength at the printer (though presumably you haven't moved it or moved the microwave next to it or similar)? If you have an Apple router, the Airport Utility can show you signal quality.

It's worth checking, if you haven't already, that you drivers are up to date; ditto the firmware in the printer if it supports updates.

The contents of the "simple, one page" jobs would make a difference. If for example one of them was a ten item shopping list (text only) and the other was a simple montage of 20 hi res photographs, the latter would take longer to spool.

Tony, yes slow down/pause happens when I have started normal printing, not to a PDF. The 3 green bars on the printer which I think indicate signal strength remain the same throughout each printing job. I will try the Activity Monitor check and drivers. The router is newish from TalkTalk. Haven't changed the work station layout recently. No microwave around!

Mick, am not printing photos these days. The pauses occur on simple text documents.
< Previous | 1 | 2 | Next >
Feed