Feed

Transferring CD's from iTunes to iPhone 4s.

Having received a few CD's over Christmas, I spent ages yesterday trying to transfer them to my iPhone.

Have Apple changed the way in which to do this? If so can someone help please.

I am running iTunes 12.5.4 on a Mac Book Pro 2011 using Sierra 10.12.2

Re: Transferring CD's from iTunes to iPhone 4s.

Assuming you have the music installed in iTunes on the laptop, I suggest making a playlist especially for the phone (called iPhone perhaps!) Drag the music you want on the phone from the iTunes library of the laptop into this playlist, then, in the choices for what music to sync, deselect "all music" and opt for just syncing that one playlist. Click Sync.

When you want a change of music, drag out of the playlist songs you no longer want on the phone and replace with new ones then sync again.

Thank you Mick, am I right in assuming that Apple have altered this or is it me?

That's how I've always done it. I don't keep much music on my phone and I change it from time to time so dragging old stuff out of the playlist and new stuff in before syncing seems easiest for me. I even connect the phone the the Mac using a good old-fashioned cable - none of this new wireless stuff!

I also use a cable but since Sierra & iTunes updates, things seem to be different.

Thank you Mick.

After spending hours trying to download my new CD's Mick came up with the answer in less than ten minutes.

I believe my computer thought my iPhone 4s was a new phone, even although I had transferred a few CD's a couple of months ago without any trouble.

Feed