Feed

PSE 11 not compatible with Sierra

Having updated to Sierra I find that important parts of Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 no longer work. Saving files in non-PSD formats and printing are affected. Problems with other versions of PSE are being reported.

Am either going to roll-back to El Capitan (if I can work out how to do this) or revert to using my PC. I hope an update comes soon either from Apple or Adobe.

Re: PSE 11 not compatible with Sierra

Thanks for that Rick. Before I upgrade to Sierra is anyone finding the same problem as Rick but with PS Elements 14.1?

Photoshop Elements 14 works very well with Sierra Roy

Glad to hear it's working okay for you Doug but others have reported problems, e.g. with opening jpeg files.

I haven't moved to Sierra yet and have PSE 6 and PSE 12. Hopefully one of them will work. Although because of how Preview and Photos have developed, I find I don't use PSE very much nowadays.

I have PSE version 14.1 and have no trouble opening JPEG files

Just piggy-backing on Rick's thread here, I moved on from PSE some while ago and recently deleted PSE 8 to reclaim some HD space. I see that I still have two copies of PSE that would be usable on older machines: if anyone wants them, they're welcome. They're both on a CD-ROM in a large and otherwise empty box:

* PSE 6 (Power PC, for OS X from 10.4.8
* PSE 8 (Universal, for OS X 10.4.11 onwards to at leat 10.6) - GONE to Lionel

First post on this thread reserves either :-)

I would be interested in updating my PSE 6 to 8 I would imagine it would work on 10.7.

Just installed the latest Sierra update (10.12.1). Now PSE11 will save files in other formats but printing a document still has issues. Only the centre of the image will print.

Also one of my Excel VBA macros fails. Whether this is due to Sierra or a Microsoft update to their Office suite I cannot tell but suspect Sierra as Microsoft haven't ported their macro editor from version 11 to version 16 yet and so I do not think they will have tampered with the macro language part either.

... or try the 2015 Apple Award winning Affinity Photo (£39.99 and 10 Day trial) from the App Store. Not a cut down Photoshop CC, but serious competition to that august (and very expensive) application - which is compatible with Sierra and much faster, way more flexible and capable than P-Elements.

Have a look at some of the Affinity videos on Vimeo. Time for that proverbial coffee?

Or update to PSE14.1

Spend more money! I've just spent money on a Photoshop video learning package.

Anyway my Excel problems are cured. I think it was an Excel update not a Sierra one. The upgrade has removed some Mac macro anomalies and is now closer to the PC version. By taking out the code that says "If you are running on a Mac do this otherwise do that" it runs OK. Hurray I can get on with my life!

Feed